torrent28 is a "search engine" — automated information location tool.
- does not store or transmit copyrighted content;
- does not run BitTorrent trackers;
- does not participate in P2P transfers;
- does not allow torrent upload by users;
- does not log user actions;
- gathers information from public websites;
- is a non-profit organization, funded by donations and advertising revenue.
- You can find the very same links on Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask search engines.
- All information is aggregated and analyzed by computer software.
- Google, the world leader in internet search, is using the same DMCA procedure as torrent28.
torrent28 is not hosted or operated in USA, but in compliance with DMCA §512 we remove and "blacklist" specific meta-data links from our search index. This will not prevent new links from appearing on external sites and indexed by torrent28.
Take down requests (as plain-text email in English) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org from a verifiable email address (name@yourcompany / yourname.com). If you're sending scanned copies of requests — include text in your email. We will ignore image-only letters.
Take down requests must contain:
- Name, phone number and postal address of person, submitting the request.
- If request is made by a company representative — name, phone and address of company.
- Proof of the right to act on behalf of the copyright holder (or proof that you personally are the copyright holder), one of the following:
- Link to site where your copyrighted works are hosted / mentioned (not "free" Web hosting);
- USPTO number, or any other reasonable and verifiable ownership proof.
- Exact and complete URL of content requested for removal.
- Example: http://torrent28.com/ubuntu-9-10-desktop-i386-cd-q877617.html
- We will ignore requests to remove search categories or search keywords. There are no copyrights on keywords. Claims that mentioning your "registered trademark" is copyright infringement (it is not) will not get you anywhere.
- Requests are processed automatically, if there are no exact links in email, it will be deleted.
- The following statements:
- I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Requests without information described above will be ignored.
Allow up to 5 business days for your request to be processed.
Filing complaints with third parties or sending any threats will delay your request processing for up to 15 business days, we will have to seek legal advice.
Sending false statements (that we charge users, etc.), infeasible demands (censor search, etc.) or forged ownership proof will result in your request being ignored.
Disclosure of users' information is illegal and impossible — we do not keep logs of anything. If you send such demands, your email will be ignored.
Repeated sending of incorrect requests may result in blacklisting of your email address and our inability to receive any emails from you.
We will consider any automated "DMCA-email" systems as spam, blacklist their e-mail addresses and file spam complaints to your email provider.